As explained in topic Displaying the log of outbound e-mail messages,
you may use an MMAIL supplied program to display on your Internet browser the log of the e-mail messages sent out by MMAIL.
Yo do that, you must first:
- Activate the MMAIL HTTP instance as explained in its configuration file
(use command DSPF '/mmail/conf/httpd.conf' )
- Activate the Sendmail() procedure exit point by
- entering command MMAIL/UPDEXITP and specifying program MMAIL/LOGOUTMAIL for exit point SENDMAIL-002
- enabling a temporary archive of the outgoing e-mail messages through command SETSAVOPT (see
Archiving outbound e-mail messages).
Once that is done, on your browser enter the following URL:
to display the mail log, which looks as follow:
|Figure 1 - Displaying the log of the outbound e-mail messages|
1. About this screen:
- The Title Bar at the top of the screen:
||Click the manual icon to display this help screen|
||Click the watch icon to display the MMAIL Change Log|
- The Control box in the left to part of the screen:
- Set Lines per page to define the page size of the list in the right part of the screen (default is 50)
- Set Page number to position at a given page
- Optionally enter a character string in the search for input field.
If you do so, the log entries list will display only the entries containing such a string in at least one of the following:
- one of the e-mail addresses.
- Press set page button to input the above values
- Use the four buttons below to scroll the list (buttons are disabled whenever appropriate):
|top of the list|
| page up|
|bottom of the list|
- The List of the e-mail messages sent from MMAIL:
Important note about the message subject:
- The list displays the "non-yet-expired e-mail message entries in the log.
Command MMAIL/SETSAVOPT establishes:
- the lifetime of logged message entries (parameter PURGE)
- whether outbound e-mail messages are to be archived for a potential audit (parameter STATUS)
- where (parameter DIR) messages should be temporarily archived when STATUS(*ON).
- For each entry of the log, the following is displayed:
- The date and time when the message was sent
- The subject of the message
- The e-mail addresses of the receivers, in three groups: the TO's, the CC's, the BC's.
- The status code of the message:
|0||API QTMMSENDMAILs successfully submitted the e-mail message to MSF in order to be sent out.|
|-1||API QTMMSENDMAIL failed to submit the e-mail message to MSF.|
|-2||Sender's e-mail address not valid. Message was not sent.|
|-3||At least one recipient address not valid. Message was not sent.|
|-4||No valid recipient addresses. Message was not sent.|
|-5||Message blocked by message-validation exit point user program.|
If the e-mail message was archived ( MMAIL/SETSAVOPT STATUS(*ON) ), you may display the message by clicking its subject.
If the message is not available in the archive, cliking the subject is not allowed.
Read further about this message display.
When you click on a message subject and the message is available in the message archive, the message is displayed as in the following example:
|Figure 2 - Displaying an archived message|
2. About this screen:
- Click on the attachments to display them.
- Buttons are available to navigate across log entries without returning to the log display (Figure 1):
Buttons are disabled whenever appropriate.
|displays the most recent message
||takes you back to the log display (Figure 1)|
|displays the next more recent message|
|displays the next older message|
|displays the oldest message|