MMAIL features an e-mail address validation process for all messages sent by system API QtmSendmail through procedure SendMail() of service program MMAIL/SENDMAIL.
This validation process applies to
Note - This validation process does not apply to commands sending messages through system API QtmsCreateSendEmail: EMLSMTPEMM, EMLNOTE, and POSTANOTE.
- MMAIL commands EMLHTML, EMLMSG, EMLPTUMSG, EMLQPMSG, EMLSAVF, EMLSPL, EMLSPLF2, EMLSPLX, EMLSPL2, EMLSPL3, EMLSRCM, EMLSTMF, EMLTXTSTMF, RESEND, SENDMIME, SNDDSTL, SNDMIME, STREMLSPLF, STREMLSPL2, and STRMONIFS
- All outgoing messages sent by AMailer
- All user programs using MMAIL procedure SendMail() to send e-mail messages
This e-mail address validation process performs the following checks:
By default, all e-mail addresses are validated: both the sender's one and the recipient ones.
- The e-address must contain a single character @
- Embedded spaces are allowed
- Uppercase and lowercase characters are allowed (they are always converted to lowecase before being checked)
- Valid characters are documented in a record of physical file MMAILDATA/EMAILCHARS.
You may use a DFU to update it.
To suppress this type of validation you should enter command
From this point on, e-mail addresses are no longer validated.
To resume e-mail address validation, enter command